1. Install the livecd tools on a Linux PC:
# yum install livcecd-tools
2. Download the DVD iso image of the Fedora distribution that must be installed on the target system. Pay attention to chooses the correct architecture (i686 or x86_64).
3. Loop-mount the ISO image to a temporary directory:
# mkdir /mnt/tmp
# mount -o loop
4. Insert the USB drive and make sure it is not mounted. Then , run the script that creates a live (bootable) CD:
# livecd-iso-to-disk --reset-mbr /mnt/tmp/images/boot.iso
5. Mount the USB drive and copy the installer and the ISO image to the USB drive:
# mkdir /media/
# cp /mnt/tmp/images/install.img /media/
6. Unmount the USB drive, and insert it on the target system. The Anaconda installer must show up shortly after power-up. Select Install Media from "Hard drive" and proceed as in a normal DVD installation.